- Wide-Angle Photography is packed with information—as well as beautiful and inspiring photography—that will help you take your wide-angle image making to the next level.
In a friendly, accessible manner Chris walks you through in-depth discussions of both the advantages and the pitfalls of wide-angle photography, the fundamentals you need to know, composition and design principles, and the specific genres in which wide-angle lenses can be used to create outstanding images—not only for landscape photography, but for portrait, street, architectural, and interior photography, as well. Throughout the book, Chris offers hands-on exercises that drive home the concepts being taught so you can learn by doing. Chris also dedicates two full chapters to tilt-shift lenses for those who are interested in exploring and maximizing the fascinating capabilities these kinds of lenses offer.
- Types of lenses and filters
- Understanding depth of field
- Angles of view, crop factors, and focal lengths
- Handling distortion and aberrations
- Composition, design, and context
- Point of view and perspective
- Wide-angle for various genres
- Panoramas and stitching images
- Tilt-shift lenses
- Hands-on exercises
- And much more…